Thursday, October 24, 2013

Aligning Your Walk With Your Talk

A couple days ago I wrote about The Easiest Way to Give Up Your Influence.  The gist was that when you stop growing, you lose your influence.  You can read it here.  

This morning, I was reading a devotional centered around weight loss, which is something I'm focusing on right now.  I'm about 30 pounds heavier than I should be. Anyway, the writer of this devotional said that when you talk about being healthy and in shape but act in ways that don't promote that, you lose the esteem and confidence of those around you.
1 Corinthians 9:27

Wow.  She's right.  Yet another way to give up influence and lose esteem.  The classic example of your walk not lining up with your talk.  I was thinking, It's almost assumed that if someone gets fired up about a new eating or exercise plan, it won't be long til they fall back into their old and unhealthy pattern. It's assumed, but it's not alright.  

I'm not looking for perfection from myself or anyone. And I don't think I'm overly vocal about living a healthy lifestyle.  But I do want to be healthy and I do want to live that life much more consistently.  What are some areas you struggle to have your walk align with your talk?

No comments: