Wednesday, June 29, 2011

S.O.A.P. for today

This is my entry today in my prayer journal. This stuff is almost always private, but I wanted to share this one in case it might help someone who's fighting the same thing.

June 29 – 1 Corinthians 1

25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

Observation: I guess there is still some part of me that thinks I can plan a growing church. I guess there is some part of me that thinks that I can be a strong enough leader to get our church to the next level. The truth is, I can't. I'm barely strong enough to get out of bed today. My plans seem to fall through pretty regularly.

Application: I still am confused as to where the line is between surrendering my vision to God and giving up. This is not to say I'm considering giving up on our church or my my calling to ministry. Not even remotely. But what I mean is I DO NOT want to become one of those guys who spiritualizes everything and just sits back and lets life happen. I want to be proactive. I want to plan. I want to work hard. But I know that I still have not found a healthy-enough balance of that and trusting God as the author of my vision and the One who will ultimately bring it around to reality.

Prayer: Father, I want to fully trust You with the vision You've given me. But I don't want that to mean that I take myself out of the game. I love this! It's killing me not being able to do more. I am learning a lot, though. Thank You for that. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: