Monday, March 14, 2011

prayer items for the week

I want to thank you for your prayers last week. I was a little down at the beginning of last week and God really helped me get up above all the junk that was trying to bring me down. I'm sure it was, in no small part, due to your prayers.

Here is where my prayers are focusing this week. Thanks for praying on these items often with me this week:
  • Outreach opportunities - We have a Friends Day coming up March 27 and a HUGE weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) planned for Easter (April 22-24) and I'm believing that all these will be a time for many new people who are not currently connected to church and to Jesus to begin making those connections.
  • Current Church finances - Our finance team agree together to suspend my pay effective April 1 until our church budget reaches a benchmark that our team set together. I knew this was coming. In face, I'm the one who suggested it, but I must be honest, the reality of it hit me a little harder than I thought it would. I'm believe that God will supply my family's needs - however that may be, whether through the church or some other source.
  • Future Church finances - Please continue to pray with me for (1) our weekly offerings to average $3K per week and (2) three large gifts to be given in the amounts of $10K, $25K and $50K during 2011. On this note, I want to give praise to God that our offering this week was above $3K and was above $2K last week. March has been very strong so far!
  • Wisdom in plans to develop new leaders - One big issue I must lead the way on is developing our leadership team. We must make sure our leaders are in the right place and they are growing. That may sound simple, but it's not. It's a complex process that we (I) need the Holy Spirit's guidance on.
Thank you for your prayers this week. You mean so much to me.

No comments: