Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Shack


Just finished my first book of '09 and it was a good one. "The Shack" by William P. Young is a fictional story that gives some wonderful perspective on who God is and how He operates or how He may operate during times of intense personal trial in our lives. I found myself with a new softness and "fondness" (you'll get it if you read it) in my heart toward God. I also feel like God has blessed me with an enlarged understanding of stewardship - especially when it comes to the relationships He has blessed me with. I'd really recommend you checking this book out. One word of caution. There are extended periods of dialogue between God and humans and I had to continually remind myself that the words "God" was speaking were from a fictional book, not from scripture. As you heart gets sucked into this, recall that as accurately as it may reflect the heart of God, it is fiction. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Charity said...

No, it's real! Don't break my heart like that!


; )