Thursday, July 5, 2012

A look at my prayers for the week . . .


I hope you had a great Independence Day yesterday.  I know we sure did.  It was probably the most fun our family has had on that day ever.  Life really feels fun lately and I'm so grateful and recognize how blessed we are.  I have a few areas I'm concentrating my prayers and would like to ask you to join me there this week.
  • Pain-free life - This particular week has been a very painful one.  Presently, I have a pinched nerve in my back and it's been very painful all week.  I saw my chiropractor on Monday afternoon and hope to get there again today.  I know this episode will end shortly, but I'm regularly asking God to make my whole spine stronger and straighter.  I rarely have a pain-free day and I'm still believing God to heal me.  Another component I'm praying about is a better chiropractor answer.  I love my current chiropractor, but his hours are pretty limited and I'm finding it difficult to schedule appointments and I cannot afford to go often enough to really stay as healthy as I would like to.  I know it may sound silly, but I'm asking God to bring about a situation where I have a friend who is a chiropractor and will treat me as needed friend-to-friend.  I actually had that kind of situation in PA for 10 years before I moved to OK.  I didn't realize what a blessing it was :)
  • Mimi Grace - Sara's grandmother, Janet Grace, is in the hospital after a fall where she hit her head.  It seems unclear how much of a recovery she will make.  I'm praying that she makes a full recovery. 
  • Summit Trek today - Today I am meeting with my Summit Trek Pastors group.  I love these days and God has blessed me with some big pieces to my life through these days in the past.  I'm asking for another big day like that today.  I'm asking God to speak to me through the exercises we do and the guys in the group today.
  • Life Plan next week - Next Tuesday & Wed I will be on a "Life Plan" retreat with Brad Sprague.  I'm asking God to reveal some more pieces to my life and calling during that time.  My prayer continues to be for God to "intersect my unique abilities with His divine opportunities" and I believe this retreat will be a key piece He uses to show me some of that.
Thank you for your prayers today.  I'd love to pray for you too!

No comments: