Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Helpless Reliance


Wow, a lot has happened and a lot is happening.  Last week I asked you to pray with me that I would be guided to a good fit regarding employment outside the church.  What feels like an absolute God-send just materialized early last week.  I won't boar you with the details, but I've begun working for Engle Landscaping.  The pay is good and the hours are very flexible.  It also has a really strong earning potential as the summer rolls on.  By the way, if any of you know of anyone with a trailer who would be willing to let us borrow or rent for a couple months, that would make the life of us landscaping guys so much easier :)  Let me know.  It could be a landscaping or enclosed trailer for now.

Here are some other prayers I'm praying right now:
  • Helpless reliance - Sara and I are in a stage where we're learning helpless reliance on God.  I won't lie.  It's really hard and we are being stretched and pressed further and harder than we ever have been before.  But, God sure is teaching us a lot.  I'm asking God to teach me all He needs to in this season of my life.
  • Bless the business - I'm asking for God's blessings on Engle Landscaping.  The more business we have, the better I can provide for my family.  
  • Bless the church - I'm asking for God's blessings on Freedom Valley Church.  I'm mowing and landscaping now because I have to.  What I moved to Tulsa to do is plant a church that changes people's lives.  The good news is that is happening!  I'm asking God to bless what's happening there even more.  We have set our faith BIG for Easter.  We're asking God for 50 first-time guests, 30 salvations and 120 in total attendance on Easter Sunday.
  • Family Health - My boys are really struggling to stay healthy.  I'm home with the 3rd different boy in the last 7 days.  I'm asking God to heal my family and keep us protected and healthy.  
Thank you so much for your prayers!  I appreciate and love you so much.

No comments: