Wednesday, August 3, 2011

some marvelous things . . .

Today my Bible reading brought me to Psalm 9. Look at the first 2 verses:

1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.

2 I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

I really stopped in my tracks and wondered why I tend to dwell on the few little things that are negative in my life and almost ignore the marvelous things God has done in my life. I decided to list a few of the marvelous things he's done:

  • He spared my life countless times. Especially before I turned my life over to Jesus, I lived a stupid and dangerous life. I walked away from violent car accidents, drug use, alcohol abuse, bar fights . . . you name it. Even after that, He welcomed me into a relationship with Him.
  • He has given me a marvelous family! I know a lot of people say this, and I'm glad for them, but I really do believe I have the most wonderful wife living on the face of this earth! Sara is fantastic. I also have 4 little boys who adore me . . . and I adore them. Colin, Liam, Ethan and Jude, you are the four most wonderful little men I know!
That's good for now. I may write more later.

No comments: