Monday, January 4, 2010

the harvest

I'm doing a bible-reading plan right now that takes me through all the gospels in 30 days. I'm really loving it. This morning I just read John 4:38.

John 4:38 - "I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest.”

It struck me that God has directed a group of us here to Tulsa to "gather a large harvest". That would be a large harvest of people coming into a relationship with their Father God.

While that's a very exciting prospect, I'm reminded that a very wise man once taught me that the harvest is the hardest work of all. Harvest is more work than planting the seed and harvest is more work than cultivating the seed. But without the harvest, the other steps are in vain.

Many, I'm tired. Lord, please give me the strength and stamina to be part of gathering Your harvest in Tulsa.


No comments: