Friday, June 12, 2009

a week of learning and following the Holy Spirit

Wow, what a week! I'm just going to give the headlines . . .

Monday - God continues to show me how very selfish I am. The specific application of it is actually a little embarrassing to write about publicly. I'm making some progress, I think, but it can't be fast enough

Tuesday - Taught some deep truth by Rick Warren. Among many things I took away from Rick's talk, the pinnacle was that leaders need to seek out personal holiness. Bam! Wow, I'm glad that I'm learning this stuff now, but he's been living it out for 30 years!

Wednesday - Taught more deep stuff by Andy Andrews. He recapped his book, The Traveler's Gift, and the point that really stuck was that I can't give up on things I know God has called me to . . . ever! I also gave my car away on Wednesday. It was about time. God was telling me to for a couple weeks.

Thursday - Recognized a deep desire to learn from the generation ahead of me. Probably connected to all the great wisdom and truth I gleaned from Rick Warren and Andy Andrews

Friday - I'm finally writing about it all and drinking a good cup of coffee. I've been to the gym 4 times this week and have done some really wonderful quiet times with God in the mornings. I just listened to a short talk Jeff Leake did with Dick Hardy about self-leadership (I think it's the 4th time I've listened to this). It really resonates with me. I want the best "me" to be available to the people I love and lead.

There was more this week, but this is getting long, so I'm out.

No comments: