Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tulsa - Part 1




April 21, 2009

Wow, we're in Tulsa! The photos I added are (1) our first church office (hotel room), (2) the morning sky outside our hotel, (3) the aerial view of Tulsa as we flew in. The skyline is way in the distance.

I read this scripture this morning and I know it was not written to us in our situation or time, but it still is a cool parallel to what we're walking into.

Ruth 2:11-12 -I have heard how you left your father and mother and your own land to live here among complete strangers. 12 May the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully."

We're in our humble hotel room this morning getting ready for a day of seeking the Lord. Our objectives for the next few days are threefold:

  1. Direction on a location (which part of the city will we target?)

  2. Networking (meeting key people who will become key friends)

  3. Strategy (who will we reach and how will we do it?)


Today, our schedule is filled with prayer, fasting, planning and some interviews with local Tulsans. My prayer today for our team is that we would have clear spiritual eyes for both vision and opportunities. We don't want to just plan on this trip, we want somebody to get saved this week through our work too!

6 comments:

lu said...

i'm so excited i could just piddle!!!

Big Woman said...

My prayers for you this morning paralleled your objectives . . . except for the part about a salvation this week. I will add that to my list and continue to lift you guys up. This is awesome!

Nick said...

Hey Jason - if you're looking to network with a few local churches, I have a couple good friends that are on staff at two great churches in Tulsa:

My friend Dan is the worship pastor at Carbondale Assembly and my friend Chris is the youth pastor at Christian Chapel. Both of them are awesome churches - I'm sure they'd love to hear your vision for the new church!

Brenda Lewis said...

our prayers are with you. I pray God prepare the hearts of the people that you are in contact with. I pray they have a teachable spirit to receive what God has for them through you. I pray you find an overwhelming peace in where God wants you to start the church. God be with you all. we love you

Unknown said...

Praying with you for the wide open possibilities God has in store for you!

Wendy Raber

happyface said...

thanks for the updates, over all else I can see all those babies waiting to be born...I feel your excitement and may your day be fruitful in many ways!