Thursday, January 22, 2009

what life are you waiting for?

As God graciously promotes me in ministry (which means He gives me more work to do), I am regularly warned by well-intentioned people to "be careful how much you take on". That is really good advice and I've given it to many a young leader myself. Yes, I do feel like I have a bunch of irons in the fire, so to speak. Too many, though? Probably not. I think I'm just a little over capacity, which I'm believing will stretch me to a higher capacity for the future. Right now I'm on the leading edge of Harvest Cry 09, church planting with multiple planters, financial peace university, Maximum Impact Simulcast and all the normal student ministry stuff that goes on. Well, when I put it that way, maybe I am feeling a little overwhelmed. But, as Bill Hybels puts it, "What life are you waiting for?" This is the only time we get to work for God's cause. Let's get going.

No comments: