Saturday, October 18, 2008

rest

Rest is good; especially when it's been a long time since you've felt anything like it. Today I stayed in bed until 8:20am. Yes, I said 8:20. This is quite unheard of. It's now 9:08 and I'm on my second cup of coffee.

This week was one of the most draining in recent memory. It seemed to be the perfect storm of extra, out of the ordinary meetings and emotionally charged leadership issues to deal with all rolled into one. I'm still about 50 e-mails behind and a little weary, but it's times like these that I see that God is the one in charge of all the stuff that seems too big for me to handle. If not for that perspective, we're all just little mice running through a maze hoping for a piece of cheese at the end. I'd rather be a man than a mouse.

I'd like to ask you to pray with me for two people who are especially dear to my heart who happen to be in a deep testing time right now. My heart is heavy for them, but I'm very optimistic that they are going to break through to a new level this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, this should be a good one. New Oxford Harvest Parade today, church tonight and tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it all.

No comments: