Tuesday, September 2, 2008

life

Wow, life has been such a whirlwind over the last few weeks. Last week was especially tough. I taught a complete (for credit) Old Testament Survey class in 5 days. Five really long and tedious days. Thank God that's over and I hope to never have to do that again. On top of that, getting up to feed Jude at about 4am every morning makes for some serious deprivation of sleep.

Well, the class is over and Jude slept until 5:30 this morning. Things are looking up.

One of the really great things that came out of me teaching that class is a renewed love of the Old Testament. I did some personal bible reading this morning in 1 Samuel and God was showing me new stuff. That is sure a breath of fresh air for me.

Masters Commission is starting in earnest this Saturday. Honestly, I have no idea if we'll enroll enough students to even make our budget this year and I also don't know if we'll have enough homes for the students who do come. It creates such stress that I can do no more than leave it in the able hands of my staff and God. It is frustrating that I believe in my heart that we offer such a high quality education and growth experience, yet it's always a struggle to attract students, make it financially solvent and find homes for the ones who do come. It makes me think that we must be off track somewhere, but I can't figure where. I sure do need God's guidance on that one.

No comments: