Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A new year

I rang in the new year last night in a new way. I was alone in my living room (everyone else was long since asleep) and I was working on e-mail and some new personal growth and goal stuff for 08 kind of watching Fox's New Year's Eve show. That was all the same, but when it got to be a couple minutes from midnight I turned off the TV and put the computer away and got on my knees in the living room and committed this year to the Lord.

I know that sounds like a "duh" kind of thing for someone who is really serious about serving God, but I've never done that before and I am just excited about 2008.

As I reflect on 2007, I would call it a good year, even a great one. But I just have a feeling of anticipation for 2008 that's building in me like crazy. I love that God's mercies are new every morning and ever year. This is a year to build on the past and of new beginnings all around.

No comments: