Sunday, December 16, 2007

a normal weekend . . . aah

It's Sunday morning and I just finished my third relatively peaceful night of sleep. Praise God that my boys are finally healthy and sleeping through the night. We actually went to church last night. Colin threw up in the ladies bathroom, but I think that was just because he ate too much junk food off the dinner table in the sanctuary. My bad. I should have been watching him more closely. I played drums last night at church. Yes, I was ridiculously rusty and I wrecked a couple spots of certain songs, but it was really nice to play again. I'm so looking forward to playing in the future.

I've been thinking a lot about the future. Some of the specifics I think of of . . .
  • missions trips with my kids instead of being sick with how much I miss them
  • there is an army of staff kids at church who are going to just blow this world apart for Jesus in a few short years. I think to myself how much more affective we'll all be then. Right now we are all limited by the young age of our kids. Not long from now, our kids will actually be adding momentum to the ministries we're all doing.
I love my job. I basically see my job as a leader in two places; my home and my church. I happen to get paid for the church part, but I don't see much of a distinction. Of course the needs at home always trump the needs at church, but the two sides are so deeply connected and complimentary. I just love it and could not imagine doing anything else. I hope God keeps me here doing what I'm doing - my role ever-evolving, but still here in this place.

Christmas is approaching and I'm praying for safety for our traveling to NY in a couple weeks. I'm also praying for protection for our family in a few other ways. I don't know if anybody really reads these posts, but if you do will you pray these things with me now? Thank you.

Well, my boys are stirring and I need to finish up so I'm 100% available to them when they get up. I'm so looking forward to a day with them.

No comments: