Friday, April 19, 2013

choosing faith over worry

I got a high-energy call from my wife yesterday at 3:40pm.  "I need you to come home right now.  Our house was robbed.  They kicked the door in and the police are on their way."  It was so unexpected, I asked her if she was joking.  Unfortunately, she wasn't.  Fortunately, no one was home at the time of the break in.  Our family is all safe and that's the most important thing to me.

We lost stuff . . . electronics, jewelry, cash, our front door :) . . . and stuff can be replaced.  It's even a great opportunity for God to bring blessings we never expected.  We're feeling incredibly thankful and believing God's promise in Romans 8:28.

In the meantime, could you pray with us that God does bless us in unexpected ways?  We do have a very good insurance policy, but we had way more cash in the house than any policy covers.  We had just taken it out of the bank for some family stuff coming up.  I feel silly and irresponsible for not keeping it in the bank, but what's done is done.  So, my point is that it won't be as simple as turning in an insurance claim and getting it all back.  But, I believe that is where where God comes in and does cool stuff that we can give him glory for!

Our family is choosing faith over worry today.  We are filled with peace and thankfulness.  Thank you for your prayers today.

No comments: