Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What a difference a week (and prayer) makes


I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers lately.  In the last month, I have come through the most discouraging and darkest time I've ever had, personally, in my life.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that Romans 8:28 is true and even this incredibly painful time is working for good in my life, my family's life and the life of our church.  Simply put, I no longer have expectations concerning our church.  Yes, I still have vision.  I still have hopes.  But I no longer expect God to do certain things on a certain timetable.  And I certainly no longer have illusions that I can get anything done.  I'm part of His plan and excited to see Him do what He wants to do.  I'm just in love with Jesus and, for the first time in years, feel no pressure to deliver or perform.  I believe that your prayers have a huge hand in helping me get to this place today.  Thank you.

Some areas I'm praying about this week:
  • Families in New Oxford - Five high school students were killed in a car wreck in New Oxford, PA yesterday.  You can see the news story here.  I'm praying for those families this morning and would ask you to join me.
  • God's power to come into our church - As I alluded to above, short of God's power working in our church, we're just having meetings.  I'm seeking God and asking - even begging - for His power to show up and change people's lives in and through Freedom Valley Church.
  • To love my family even more - My new found focus has me loving my family even more than ever.  I'm asking God to help me love them in really practical and special ways right now.
Thanks again.  I love you guys so much.  Can't wait to see you at at church this weekend!

No comments: