Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Prayers driven by BIG faith


Thank you, again, for your faithful prayer and friendship!  I feel like I'm growing in faith and strength by the day.  I came through a really withering attack here and I know for sure that it was a Holy Spirit breakthrough that saved me from just caving in.  I'm not only excited, but optimistic about the future for me, my family and my church.

Some areas I'm praying this week:
  • Another pastor in the same spot - I have a friend who pastors another church here in town and he's away on a similar sabbatical as I just was.  I know he's feeling really tired and discouraged.  I'm asking the Holy Spirt to give him the same, soul-level, breakthrough that He gave me.
  • Financial breakthrough - I've prayed for this before, but this time I'm not praying from a posture of fear or desperation, I'm praying from a place of faith.  If God owns all the stuff in this world - and He does - it's not much for Him to dramatically increase the income of our church.  I'm asking Him to double our regular income in the next 30 days.  Like Jonathan said to his armor bearer in 1 Samuel 14:6 “Perhaps the Lord will help us, for nothing can hinder the Lord. He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!”
  • Continuation of the growth on our team - The last month has been a big stress and a very growing time for our leadership team.  I'm asking God to continue to bind our team together and grow our team.
  • God's power to be at work in and through our church - Our church is good.  We have good music, good preaching, good kids ministries . . . just about everything is good.  I'm asking God's Spirit to move in big ways in and through our church.  I'm asking God to do what we can't do . . . make our church great.
  • My father-in-law - Barry, my father-in-law lost his wife some years back and the holidays are especially tough for him.  I know he's really struggling right now and my heart is breaking for him.  He's one of the most wonderful, godly men I know.  I'm asking God to lift him up above all the junk he's feeling weighed down with now.  
Thanks so much for your prayers.  I'd love to pray with you this week.  Let me know what's going on.

No comments: