Monday, July 11, 2011

my body . . . to a homeless guy

Thank you for praying for me so faithfully. I am being shaped by God on a daily basis and I know that much of this is due to your incredible support in prayer. Thank you. Here are some things on my mind and in my prayers this week.
  • My body - more specifically, how I take care of my body. I'm not eating well and I'm gaining weight lately. I could blame it on a number of things, but the bottom line is that I'm being sloppy and I'm being a poor steward of my body. I want to change that.
  • Work begins this week - we have our first work night in our new church facility this Wednesday, July 13 from 5-9pm. We will be painting and cleaning. Will you pray that a lot of work gets done, but also that many people's hearts connect to the mission of our church through their investment there.
  • Increase my faith - I'm always seeing God as too small. We still have a good amount of money we need to get raised for this building move and to stay in a good place, financially, through these summer months. It's not a matter of "can God meet those needs?" Of course He can and He can do so much more than that. I'm just asking God to increase my faith as I pray this week.
  • Collin - A couple weeks ago, a homeless guy showed up at church. He was drunk that morning and he usually is. I believe that God brought this guy to me so I can help get him into the Freedom House in Gettysburg, PA. But I feel really strongly that this guy (his name is Collin) needs to do some work to get there. It will cost him about $200 to get to Gettysburg on a bus. I told him when he fills out the program application and has $100, I'll match his $100 and get him into that program. He gave me $9 yesterday at church. I'm just asking God to help this guy get that money together and get himself into the Freedom House so he can get free of addictions that have controlled him for decades.
Thanks for your prayers! Love you guys.

No comments: