Monday, July 18, 2011

Kids, Jobs & Church

I hope you all had a great week. I did. After two weeks off of preaching, I was back in that role in church yesterday. The two weeks off was nice, but I really loved being back too. Even in the heart of the summer vacation season, we had strong attendance, guests and three people gave their life to Jesus this week! We also had our first work night in our new church facility. It went great! Over 40 people came out to help prime the main auditorium. It got done so fast, we ended up cutting our work night time short by a whole hour! This week, we do the final painting.

I also wanted to give you an update on Collin Hoover. He is the homeless guy I asked you to pray for last week. He was trying to get $100 together to get to the Freedom House in Gettysburg, PA. Well, your prayers worked! He arrived at the Freedom House on Saturday! Please keep praying for him. He has a long road ahead of him, but he is on the right track.

Here are some areas I'd love to have your prayers on this week:
  • Kids - It's the middle of the summer and the middle of summer vacation. Our 4 boys are on top of each other constantly and there is all kinds of friction, loudness and chaos that goes with that. I'm praying that they would just calm down a little and that God would give Sara and I an increased amount of patience to love them through this trying time until school starts in 35 days (but who's counting :)
  • Jobs - In about a month, Sara and I will need to decide how we're going to structure our work schedules for the year. We're still not sure how that will all look. One big piece is that Sara and I are praying and believing together for a full-time job for her at our boys' school. It's a question of whether or not the district will create an additional class there this year. We're praying that they do.
  • Church Move - I can't believe it, but this coming Sunday (July 24) is our final Sunday at the Cinemark Theater. We begin in our new full-time facility July 31 @ 11am. There is a lot of work to be done and a lot of money to be raised in the next 13 days. I'm asking God to do some miracles there. Can you join me in those prayers? If you are personally planning to give toward that project, you can give online anytime right here.
Thanks again for your prayers! I love and appreciate you very much.

No comments: