Thursday, November 4, 2010

what drives us to criticize?

Twitter is my favorite social media tool, by far. You can follow me on Twitter if you'd like. But, I don't use it to follow a million people. I only follow people I care about hearing from. So, it's been a little bothersome that I've seen a lot of my friends on Twitter going negative lately. I guess they think they are smart or deep thinkers or something. But does it make you look smart to approach life with a sense of pessimism and a lack of trust? I don't think it does. I think it reveals your own character defects.

You've probably noticed this. People who don't trust tend to do so because they are untrustworthy. Liars accuse others of lying. Cheaters accuse others of cheating. Thieves accuse others of theft. Next time you're tempted to rant about someone else's "issues", think about what that may be revealing about yours.

And then make some corrections.

P.S. - I'm sure I'm guilty of this at times too. I'm not speaking from a place of perfection. Just want to ask you to think about this today.

No comments: