Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We all think we're right most of the time. We all want to follow what our gut tells us. The more spiritual of us say we're following our spirit. It's probably almost the same thing. I'm not saying we should not try our best to do what is right and we should not do our best to follow what we think the Holy Spirit is leading us to do. We should do both as much as we can, but I'm both humbled and comforted by this short little passage in 1 Corinthians. If Paul was not even sure his clear conscience made him right, I probably should not be so sure either. Let's live humbly making our plans and trying our best to have the Lord direct or steps.

1 Corinthians 4:2-4
- Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.