Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Where is the Kingdom of God?

Occasionally, I get the privilege of speaking to God's people in church. In fact, I am privileged both this weekend and next. This weekend I will be speaking at all 3 York Rd services and next week Sunday morning at FV South Hanover.

Luke 10:9 says "God's kingdom is right on your doorstep!'" (the message). That has some profound implications for those of us who profess to be disciples of Christ. I recall a month ago at our "Harvest Cry" event. I was pumped up to bring people to church and be the hand of Christ extended to everyone, everywhere I was. Should that be just one week out of the year?

I hope you can join me this weekend as we look at Luke 10 and the "plentiful harvest" that is "right on our doorstep".

2 comments:

Jacob Lewis said...

I'm excited for you and all the lucky people that get to listen.

Charity said...

In answer to your question: not all administrative things. But yes, most of them fall into that category. I enjoy coming up with and implementing administrative systems/finding new ways to be more efficient. But usually when I have to maintain them for long periods of time....I pretty much hate it.

Wish I was going to be there this weekend to hear you. I'll definitely catch it on the website.