Thursday, July 2, 2009

do you worship idols?

2 Chron 28:22-23 - And when trouble came to King Ahaz, he became even more unfaithful to the LORD. 23 He offered sacrifices to the gods of Damascus who had defeated him, for he said, "These gods helped the kings of Aram, so they will help me, too, if I sacrifice to them."

I think this is the exact same thought process we go through when we think we can rip off a program from another church and make it work for us. It's a form of idolatry.

Let's rely on the Holy Spirit more than the guys down the street or across the country.

2 comments:

Jason Ament said...

It also shows a man who doesn't understand the authority of God. Had he been able to trust God in his circumstances instead of relying on his own wisdom. He would have endured hardship, but it would have brought success.

Keturah Walter said...

I love it! I don't think it could be said enough; we HAVE to rely on the Holy Spirit.