Thursday, December 18, 2008

I miss this

I'm up this morning doing some reading and now even blogging. I miss this stuff in the morning. I renewed my efforts to get my body into shape a couple weeks ago and I've been using most of my time in the mornings to go to the gym. I love it, but the saying, "When you say yes to one thing you say no to another" is so true. Couple my increased time at the gym with my ordination exam coming up tomorrow and I've hardly read anyone's blog and just barely kept up with e-mail over the last two weeks - any open time during the day has been studying for the exam.

I don't regret how I've managed my time over the last two weeks. I've done exactly what I decided to do. Nothing is out of control and I don't feel like my life is running me, but I guess I'm just a little frustrated. I'd like a little more time to read. I'd like a little more time to blog. I'd like to be more caught up on e-mail. Of course I could do all these today, but then I would be lamenting about never getting any exercise or not enough time with my kids. The stewardship of the time God has given me is a true balancing act I've not yet figured out adequately, but I'm getting better here and there. Overall, I'm improving. And I'll take painful improvement over comfortable stagnation any day of the week.

No comments: