Tuesday, October 28, 2008

tension

"Most of us plateau when we lose the tension between where we are and where we ought to be." - John Gardiner

This is a great quote that showed up in an e-newsletter I receive regularly. The timing is ironic. Our kids ministry staff just had this discussion this morning about how we feel so much tension between where we are and where we want to be, even where God wants us to be.

This just describes me to a tee over the last few months. I feel such a tug in my heart to be much more than I ever have been, but I'm almost clueless as to how to get there. It causes some terrific tension and even frustration. That segues to another quote that showed up in the same newsletter today.

"It is one of the paradoxes of success that the things and ways which got you there are seldom theose things that keep you there." - Charles Handy

No comments: