Sunday, September 28, 2008

church today

Can it be? It's 6:25am and all my kids are still asleep - even Jude. Things really are getting less intense when it comes to my kids. Take church last night, which was fantastic by the way - if you've never been to the Saturday night service at Freedom Valley you should check it out, anyway back to last night. It used to be such a stressor for me to bring all my kids to church (or anywhere), but now that they are bigger and more independent it is really fun. They love it and so do I. I think one of the biggest changes has been my outlook. I've loosened up some and that's made such a difference. I think I have been guilty in the past of wanting to be such a good dad, that I've stressed myself and the rest of my family out trying. I don't miss that and I'm sure my family doesn't either.

Last night was so much fun that I'm sore from it - I was the guy all the kids were supposed to jump higher than in Kids Connect worship last night. Boy am I feeling that! But the joy on those little faces jumping around praising God is worth it all. So, I better go get ready for church. I'm sure God has some great things in store.

No comments: