Friday, July 18, 2008

Judges

I just finished the book of Judges and the last statement in the book says it all . . . “Judges 21:25 - In those days Israel had no king, so the people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes.” That book is just a collection of stories containing the most bazaar and disturbing human behavior I can imagine. Not that I haven't heard of worse, but what makes it so strange is that these people actually had themselves thinking they were doing right. What a lesson for me as I go through life. I usually feel like I know what to do, but often what “seems right in my eyes” is the opposite of how God ends up having me move. I'm so thankful for the close relationship that's available to God through Christ. I'm sure I'd have been dead long ago if I was still just doing what “seemed right in my own eyes”

No comments: