Monday, June 2, 2008

It is finished (almost)

The last week has been a blur. In one week we (my father-in-law, sister-in-law, Sara, my dad and I) put a new floor in about half of our house, gutted the kitchen and replaced the cabinets, and completely remodeled the bathroom. I also went to work on an almost normal schedule and we had 4 kids under 5 years old in the house. This project was not for the faint of heart. It was tiring and frustrating, but now that it's finished (almost) a new sense of peace is settling on our home.

It's been some time since I've been on my regular schedule of early rising and spending some quite time with God and His Word, but today I'm back to that and He's reminding me right now that many seasons and issues in life and like my little home improvement project. They feel like the ultimate challenge in the midst of them, but as quickly as they began they are over and the peace that follows a job well done is like no other.

I love God and the things that he teaches me on these quiet mornings together. If you have a few minutes, leave me a comment talking about what God is teaching you lately.

No comments: