Sunday, June 29, 2008

blogging

It's been a long time since I've written anything here. It's been quite a month. As I reflect on the week of healing and life change and the week we lost Jocelyn Rife (same week), I can hardly believe I made it through. The last few days have been better - more normal. I've gotten some really wonderful time with my boys and wife and that is the most special thing of all for me.

I was reading in Judges 11 this morning about a Judge named Jepthah. He's the one who sacrificed his daughter to the Lord. I always hear people talk about Abraham's "almost" sacrifice of his son, but never about Jepthah's actual sacrifice of his daughter. I wonder why? Maybe because, like me, nobody can make sense of the story. If you can, leave me a comment. I'd love to understand it.

Please pray for Sara and Jude. He's coming in just a few weeks. We're nearly ready and I can't wait to meet my newest little man.

No comments: